the toughest thing in ministry is dealing with conflict. whether its rooms, times, people or issues, attitudes, whatever…you will always have this thing called conflict.
so how do you handle it?
get in a huge fight because of it!
or deal with it!
a few ways not to deal with it…
1. leave a hateful short message on someone’s voice mail.
2. write a letter and stick it in their mail box, on their car or on their door telling them how evil they are.
3. send an email and slam them for like 10 paragraphs of nonsense.
4. text…nuff said
5. post a blog – now thats mentally challenged (pc word for retarded)
6. tell the world-preach it preacha
7. call them on the phone and just start hollering! (they will hang up)
a few ways to deal with it…
1. pray for all parties involved.
2. seek out counsel from others wiser than you before blowing up!
3. seek to understand before trying to be understood – so many times we fail to understand the simple things that cause conflict causing conflict to be blown up!
4. delivery determines response…if you blow up the issue will blow up! there is this thing called tact that some don’t have-be tactful!
5. always look for the good before dealing with the bad. don’t come out of the batters box swinging…take a few practice swings talking about what’s good before dealing with what conflicts. you may even have to really scrape for something good to say!
6. location is important-you can;t deal with conflict in a busy, distracting place…discreet and privacy are necessary to focusing on the issues at hand.
7. face to face-the best way to deal with it is one on one!
8. if it gets out of hand…bow and pray!
just a few thoughts on conflict…
how have you dealt with it?