Not a complete list…just a few that came to mind during my Devo today. When Jesus was put in the tomb…Jews went to Pilate and asked… “Sir,” they said, “we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ (Matthew 27:63 NIV)
1. The empty tomb! Even a guard on the outside and a rulers seal could not seal in the master of the universe. He is alive!
2. Grace! Humanity needs grace, but living under grace does not mean I live free without consequences. Grace means I live free to say yes to holiness…yes to Jesus…yes to the plan of God.
3. My family! I have the most supportive and loving family! My wife is beautiful, creative, gifted and passionate about Jesus and if course me :). My 2 sons love Jesus, have a call on their lives and continue to amaze me with their compassion and creativity.
4. My calling! I went to college to position myself to do something for Jesus…24 year later the calling to youth ministry has spanned in so many ways. I look forward to the future and all that God has in store.
5. Pfyouth Pastors! This District is poised and positioned for greatness. It is such an honor to lead and rally behind the passionate Eleanor’s in our state. The best is yet to come.
6. My church! I love the local church and continually look for ways to be apart of a local body of believers . From a Sunday school class I get to attend occasionally, to the youth ministry we serve in, to the Sunday morning experience it’s an honor to be apart of the local church.
7. The Assemblies of God! I am apart of a fellowship that I volunteered to be apart, this is not a perfect movement, but I honestly believe we are apart of something special. I cherish our Pentecostal distinctives and the missions efforts around the world.
There are so many hints I could add…but it’s thanksgiving and I have a few things to pull together to celebrate with 27 people in our house. So thankful for the home that God has provided for us. We waited 4 years, saved and paid off all debts in order to live here…wow!!! God you are good!
2015 is just around the corner! 5 years in as the DYD..LETS GO!